Private LTE brings major benefits compared to Public LTE networks. A Private LTE network connects people/things belonging to an enterprise (normally across a campus or site), and where data needs to be kept totally secure by avoiding transmitting it through the core network of a mobile operator. Full private ownership of the whole LTE network – including Base Stations and Core – has several advantages.
Major Benefits of Private LTE
The many benefits of a Private LTE network can include:
- Guaranteeing coverage and capacity in the target coverage area. Organisations can design, engineer and update the RAN to meet their specific performance demands, including for coverage, configuring uplink and downlink, set usage policy, determine which users connect, how traffic is prioritised, and other key parameters.
- Optimising parameters in the LTE radio to operate in challenging physical environments (e.g., warehouse or oil/gas facility with lots of metal). This can include fast recovery from failure, or optimizations for reliability, and for latency. This is not possible when connecting to a public network, where such parameters are under control of the operator, not the user.
- Retaining control of critical data: In private networks, the organization controls its own security and can ensure that sensitive information does not leave the network; this is an essential requirement for many types of businesses and security-focused organisations. Another benefit of keeping data and the core network on the private LTE network is the risk of service disruption due to a WAN link outage is eliminated.
- Dedicated coverage and capacity of high speed 4G network with the ability to customise performance to enterprise needs
- High speed, high capacity, reliable and secure mobile broadband communication layer for mission-critical and business-critical people, machines and applications
- A fast route to digital transformation and IoT, bringing intelligent insights for more efficient operation, agility, quality and innovation
- LTE mobility – the use of advanced applications on mobile platforms (vehicles, robots, etc) and transparent hand-over to public LTE networks outside of private LTE network coverage
- In mining and minerals, private LTE can be used to automate remote facilities and enhance security
- Enabling IoT applications which can run over a Private LTE network
For Further Information
Please Contact Us